Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sichai Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has the vision of assured irrigation access; “Har Khet Ko Pani” and improving on farm water use efficiency; “More Crop Per Drop” in a focused manner with an “Integrated Value Chain” approach encompassing source creation, distribution, management, field application and extension activities.
Major objectives of the scheme are
- Achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level
- Enhance the physical access of water on the farm and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation (Har Khet Ko Pani)
- Integration of water source, distribution and its efficient use, to make best use of water through appropriate technologies and practices
- Improve on-farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage and increase availability both in duration and extent
- Enhance the adoption of precision-irrigation and other water saving technologies (More crop per drop)
- Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices
- Ensure the integrated development of rain-fed areas using the watershed approach towards soil and water conservation, regeneration of ground water, arresting runoff, providing livelihood options and other NRM activities
- Promote extension activities relating to water harvesting, water management and crop alignment for farmers and grass root level field functionaries
- Attract greater private investments in irrigation
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has the vision of assured irrigation access; “Har Khet Ko Pani” and improving on farm water use efficiency; “More Crop Per Drop” in a focused manner with an “Integrated Value Chain” approach
How To Apply
For more Details download file.
Refer to https://pmksy.gov.in/